Apt articles on health, wealth, happiness

What causes strokes? Page 1 of 13

By Dr. Stan Helmsletter

Link to this article!

Having lost a close relative to a stroke, the subject of stroke is very close to my heart. I want to know "What causes strokes?" and "How can I prevent strokes?"

What is a stroke?

Stroke (brain attack cerebral accident, cerebrovascular accident) occurs when the brain's blood circulation fails. Usually this means a blockage or rupture of a blood vessel in the brain. The results are dizziness, loss of consciousness, loss of muscular control, slurred speech, and so on.

The classic symptoms are dizziness, headache, loss of balance, numbness (or weakness) on one side of the body, sudden confusion and trouble seeing.

However, many stroke victims never exhibit these classic symptoms. Therefore, chances are you won't be able to tell for sure if you're having a stroke or not.

Brain damage

Concentrate on prevention. Why? Because if you rely on medical doctors, you almost always risk brain damage, death, disability and paralysis. Why? Because brain cells begin to die, if blood clots are blocking the blood flow to the brain, or if there is a blood vessel in the brain that has ruptured. The issue is, the longer your brain goes without oxygen, the more likely it is that you will suffer brain damage, death, disability, or paralysis.


Concentrate on prevention. Why? Because you can safely assume that in a bona fide emergency:
  • You won't be able to decide for yourself if you're having a stroke or not;

  • Your indecision and procrastination will slow you down, the paramedic will slow you down, the hospital's admission clerk will slow you down, their triage nurse will slow you down.

  • You won't be able to sell yourself successfully to the triage nurse. Therefore you might have to cool your heels in their crowded emergency room for up to 10 hours!

  • You won't be able to accurately present your medical history to the doctor;

  • The doctor you get at the hospital won't be a good surgeon. Normally it takes up to 10 tries to find a good surgeon. But in an emergency situation you won't be able to start hunting for a great surgeon.

  • You won't get a good surgeon. Why? Because only 10 percent of medical doctors are well-trained or competent as surgeons. The other 90 percent are neither well-trained nor competent as surgeons. Therefore, when they operate, they always mess up. Why are they still surgeons if they always mess up? A) Because doctors always stay mum about their collegaues' mistakes. And B) because hospitals always make more money when they mess up your life. ...More >>
Next page >>

Tell a friend!

Recommended for you:

How to be an alien
How to deal with your bad neighbors
How to digest food better
How to dissuade a friend from cancer surgery
How to get what you want
How to know if a friend is using you
How to live to be 100
How to prevent prostate cancer in men
How to tell if your friend is a deadbeat dad
How to tell if your friend is using you
How to treat an abscessed tooth
How to treat vitamin D deficiency
Ten common causes of persistent morning cough