How to know if a friend is using you, page 1 of 5By Dr. Larry Vanlandingham
Link to this article!
Real friendsWhat is the difference between real friends and users? Real friends:
- Are interested in you and your life,
- Ask questions about your emotional and physical health, and professional life. The more genuine your friends are, the better their questions will be.
- Call you and follow up with you.
Real friends are there for you:
- When you have a problem, or when you're feeling down,
- To listen and offer you comfort and support. If you have a problem, it's their problem too, and they're right there to help you.
- Enjoy each other's company,
- Spend time together, just to enjoy each other's company in a connected synergy, with no other strings attached.
- Have integrity, they keep their words,
- They do as they say, they do walk the talk.
- Have your best interests in their hearts,
- Help you, even though it might be a burden, pain, or risk for themselves,
- Reciprocate; they help you back,
- Sacrifice for you.
- Satisfy both of your needs at the same time.
Real friends stop their own lives to come to help you:
- When there is little or no incentive for them to do so,
- Even when there is a risk or pain for them to do so.
- Do tell you how they feel about you, because the obligation to be honest is more important to them, and because they value your friendship.
- Do tell you personal things with a complete trust that you won't use it against them later on.
- Don't keep information from you, even though it's something that you might not want to hear, or might hurt you.
Next page >>
Tell a friend!
Recommended for you:How to be an alien
How to deal with your bad neighbors
How to digest food better
How to dissuade a friend from cancer surgery
How to get what you want
How to live to be 100
How to prevent breast cancer
How to prevent prostate cancer in men
How to tell if your friend is a deadbeat dad
How to tell if your friend is using you
How to treat an abscessed tooth
How to treat vitamin D deficiency
Ten common causes of persistent morning cough